Bouvy et al developed a score for predicting mortality for patients with heart failure. The authors are from Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences in The Netherlands.
Patient selection: adult with heart failure followed for at least 18 months
(1) age in years
(3) history of diabetes mellitus
(4) history of renal insufficiency
(5) ankle edema
(6) body weight in kilograms
(7) systolic or diastolic blood pressure
(8) beta-blocker therapy
age in years
0.06 * (age in years)
-0.4 * (weight in kilograms)
history of diabetes
systolic < 110 mm Hg OR diastolic < 70 mm Hg
systolic >= 110 AND diastolic >= 70 mm Hg
beta blocker therapy
= SUM(points for all 8 parameters)
• The lowest rate of mortality is seen with scores from -5 to -1.01.
-15 to -5.01
-5 to -1.01
-1 to 6.99
7 to 10.99
• The area under the ROC curve was 0.80.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Purpose: To predict mortality for a patient with heart failure using the score of Bouvy et al.
Objective: severity, prognosis, stage