Livedo reticularis (LR) may occur in a patient with a vasculitis.
Types of vasculitis that may be associated with livedo reticularis:
(1) cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa
(3) microscopic polyangiitis
(4) mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD)
(5) nodular vasculitis
(6) polyarteritis nodosa
(7) rheumatoid vasculitis
(8) Sjogren's syndrome
(9) infectious vasculitis
(10) small vessel vasculitis
(11) Still's disease
(12) systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
(13) systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)
(14) Takayasu's arteritis
(15) temporal ateritis (Giant cell arteritis)
(16) thromboangiitis obliterans
(17) transplacental transient vasculitis (associated with maternal autoantibodies)
(18) Wegener's granulomatosis
A patient with a vasculitis is at risk for vascular thrombosis which is also associated with LR.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.