Ferreira and De Los Santos listed how thromboelastrography can be used to guide management of the bleeding patient.
Patent selection: bleeding patient
Parameters during the coagulation phase:
(1) time to start clot formation or reaction time (R), in minutes
(2) angle of clot formation (alpha), in degrees
(3) time to clot formation with maximum strength (K time), in minutes
(4) maximum amplitude of clot strength (MA), in mm
Parameters during the fibrinolytic phase:
(1) percent lysis at 30 minutes after maximum amplitude, in percent
FFP, Factor 7a, PCC
angle of clot formation
time to max strength
percent lysis 30 minutes
• PCC = prothrombin complex concentrate
• ULN = upper limit of normal, LLN = lower limit of normal
• Cryoprecipitate serves as a souce of fibrinogen.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Hematology Oncology, Clinical Laboratory