Rarely a fistula may develop between a ureter and a fallopian tube.
(1) severe nephrolithiasis (often associated with obstruction and UTI)
(3) iatrogenic (laparoscopy for endometriosis, etc)
(5) abdominal or pelvic trauma
• In theory an ectopic pregnancy could be a risk factor.
(1) urine draining per vagina
Imaging studies with contrast material (excretory urography) can demonstrate the fistulous track.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Nephrology, Clinical Laboratory