Travel can be a wonderful experience but it can have a negative impact for some people.
Travel addiction is a compulsive or impulse control behavior.
The person may:
(1) use travel as a means to avoid negative feelings or negative situations; the person may feel depressed if there is an attempt to reduce travel.
(2) become preoccupied with all of the elements of travel and may be unable to control actions
(3) feel an elation or excitement when engaged in a travel behavior
(4) continues to travel despite negative impact on finances, relationship or job
(5) the person may be convinced that it is necessary and required
(1) travel to engage in another addiction (drugs, sex, etc)
(2) behavior associated with a mania or hypomania
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.