Transient pseudohypoaldosteronism may occur in patients with a disorder of the urnary tract. This occurs when there is a transient resistance of tubular epithelium to aldosterone.
(1) renal salt-wasting with hyponatremia and hypovolemia
(3) normal to elevated levels of aldosterone
(4) normal to elevated plasma renin activity
(5) metabolic acidosis
(6) onset associated with a urinary tract abnormality
(7) reversal of syndrome after correction of the urinary tract abnormality
Urinary tract abnormalities may include:
(1) pyelonephritis or other urinary tract infection
(2) urinary tract obstruction
(4) other urinary tract abnormality
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Endocrinology, Clinical Laboratory, Nephrology, Cardiology