A stripped-down version of the SOFA score is used in a score for the diagnosis of sepsis-induced coagulopathy (SIC).
The cutoff for each of the 4 systems being evaluated is set at >= 2.
(1) respiratory (PaO2 to FIO2 ratio)
(2) cardiovascular (vasopressor therapy)
(3) hepatic (serum total bilirubin in mg/dL)
(4) renal (serum creatinine in mg/dL)
PaO2 to FIO2 ratio
vasopressors not needed
serum total bilirubin
< 2 mg/dL
>= 2 mg/dL
total score =
= SUM(points for all 4 parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 4
• A score >= 2 is associated with sepsis-induced coagulopathy.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Pulmonology, Infectious Diseases