The Standardization of Uveitis Nomenclature (SUN) Working Group has reported criteria for pars planitis.
Criteria for pars planitis - all of the following:
(1) intermediate uveitis
(2) absence of retinitis and choroiditis
(3) absence of retinal vascular occlusion in posterior pole and mid-periphery
(4) evidence of pars planitis - one or both of the following:
(4a) vitreous snowballs
(4b) pars plana snowbanks
(5) absence of multiple sclerosis, syphilis, sarcoidosis and Lyme disease
(1) vitreous cells and/or haze
(2) inflammation in vitreous greater than any in the anterior chamber
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.