The Standardization of Uveitis Nomenclature (SUN) Working Group reported criteria for the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis-associated intermediate uveitis.
Criteria for multiple sclerosis associated intermediate uveitis - all of the following:
(1) intermediate uveitis
(2) absence of retinitis and choroiditis
(3) evidence of multiple sclerosis (revised McDonald criteria)
(4) no evidence of syphilis, sarcoidosis, or Lyme Disease
Intermediate may feature:
(1) vitreous cells and/or vitreous haze
(2) any inflammation in the anterior chamber is less than that in the vitreous fluid
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.