A person should be selected as an expert witness only if she or he meet certain criteria.
The expert witness should:
(1) have full qualifications in the area in which he or she will be testifying.
(2) be credible with respect to his or her knowledge of the topic, as evidenced by relevant research published in peer reviewed journals, ongoing continuing education, and quality assurance activities.
(3) usually be currently practicing in the area.
(4) be familiar with the current relevant literature.
(5) have a reasonable understanding of the local conditions and facilities at the time of the event in question.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.