The condition of a road can predispose to a bicycle accident and rider injury. Rider training for recognition of hazards can significantly reduce injury.
(1) ice and snow
(3) wet leaves or grass
(1) pot-holes, cracks or other signs of poor maintenance
(4) presence of drains with longitudinal slots wider than the bicycle tire width
(5) debris or objects on the roadway
(6) loose gravel
(1) blind curve or rises
(2) steep hill with a road at the bottom
(1) stopped vehicles
(2) absence of a guard rail
(3) berm along the side of the road for a rider to use with traffic
(4) branches, wires or other objects protruding into the roadway
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Surgery, orthopedic