The risk for pre-eclampsia may be increased if certain risk factors are present.
Risk factors for the development of pre-eclampsia include:
(1) maternal age > 40 years of age
(2) African American
(4) history of preeclampsia or eclampsia in a previous pregnancy
(5) history of hypertension prior to pregnancy
(6) history of diabetes or renal disease
(7) family history of pregnancy-induced hypertension
(8) presence of 2 or more fetuses
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Purpose: To evaluate a woman who is pregnant for risk factors associated with pre-eclampsia.
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology
Objective: risk factors