Luciano et al reported risk factors for postprandial hypotension. The authors are from Bayside Medical Center and Tufts University.
Risk factors for postprandial hypotension:
(1) taking 4 or more medications (polypharmacy)
(2) therapy with diuretics (possibly due to dehydration)
(3) a meal rich in carbohydrates
(4) a hot meal
(6) diabetes mellitus
(7) autonomic dysfunction
(8) Parkinson's disease
(9) hemodialysis for end-stage renal disease
(10) Fragile X mutation
(11) hypertension (probably because of the drugs used to treat)
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.