Transient tachypnea of the newborn (TTN) may occur more often in neonates with certain risk factors.
Risk factors for TTN:
(1) preterm birth (lower gestational age)
(2) cesarean section, especially after preceding labor
(3) male infant
(5) maternal asthma
(6) family history
Uncertain risk factors:
(1) maternal sedation (with neonatal sedation)
(2) perinatal asphyxia
(3) nonreassuring fetal status
(5) history of infertility therapy
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.