The Depersonalization Derealization Syndrome is relatively common and is more likely to occur when certain risk factors are present.
Patient selection: depersonalization and derealization not due to a psychotic disorder
(1) adverse drug effect
(2) anxiety, phobia or panic attack
(4) head trauma
(5) if half asleep
(6) migraine headache
(7) physical or mental exhaustion, including burnout
(8) post-traumatic stress disorder
(9) recreational drug intoxication, including alcohol misuse
(10) schizotypal personality disorder
(11) temporal lobe epilepsy
Sometimes no cause is precipitating cause is found (idiopathic).
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.