Healthcare can become fragmented if certain risk factors are present.
Risk factors for fragmented healthcare:
(1) There is no one coordinating the patient's healthcare.
(2) The patient has multiple comorbid conditions being managed by multiple providers.
(3) The patient is difficult to manage because of psychosis, substance abuse or other issues.
(4) The patient receives healthcare at different facilities, especially in different cities.
(5) The patient's healthcare record is not integrated.
(6) The patient is unwilling or unable to provide essential information (comatose, cognitive impairment, intentional withholding, etc).
(7) The patient is unable to communicate with providers due to language, culture, etc).
(8) The patient is unable to afford healthcare.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.