A patient discharged from the intensive care unit (ICU) may have significant fatigue for some time afterwards. This may be associated with an impaired quality of life (QOL).
Patient selection: discharge from the ICU
Risk factors for post-discharge fatigue:
(1) Critical Illness Polyneuropathy and Myopathy (CIPNM)
(2) stroke or other neurologic injury
(3) mechanical ventilation
(5) condition(s) associated with ICU admission
(6) depression and/or post-traumatic stress disorder
(7) disordered sleep
(9) failure to have rehabilitation
A person who has been discharged from the ICU may need to be monitored for fatigue for a long period of time afterwards.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.