Some patients with a disorder of connective tissue may be at increased risk for retinal detachment.
Retinal detachment has been reported for:
(1) Stickler syndrome (more common): mutations in COL2A1 and COL11A1
(2) Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: types IV and VI
Clinical features may include:
(1) family history of retinal detachment
(2) family history of a connective tissue disorder
(3) physical stigmata of connective tissue disorder
(4) retinal detachment after minor trauma
(5) onset during childhood
(6) bilateral retinal detachment
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.