Medical tourism can be successful and effective if done properly.
Requirements for the healthcare provider:
(1) Expert care.
(2) Organization to support the needs of the tourist and anyone accompanying the tourist.
(3) Absence of exploitation of vulnerable populations (for example, to provide organs for transplantation).
(4) Cost effectiveness.
(5) Use of medicines, implants, etc. of high quality.
Requirements for the medical tourist:
(1) Healthy enough.
(2) Reasonable expectations.
(3) Unable to receive care in home country (unavailable, denied, unreasonably delayed, illegal).
(4) Has enough support and assistance sufficient for recovery and return home.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.