Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasm with Ringed Sideroblasts and Thrombocytosis (MDS/MPN-RS-T) is an uncommon disorder with both ringed sideroblasts and thrombocytosis.
Former designation: Refractory Anemia with Ringed Sideroblasts and Thrombocytosis (RARS-T)
Features of Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasm with Ringed Sideroblasts and Thrombocytosis:
(1) ringed sideroblasts with single lineage dysplasia
(2) platelet count >= 450,000 per µL
(3) large atypical megakaryocytes
(1) sideroblastic anemia with reactive thrombocytosis
(2) essential thrombocythemia
(1) mucocutaneous bleeding
(2) platelet count > 1,000,000 per µL
(3) arterial or venous thrombosis
The disorder shows a low rate of leukemic transformation.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Hematology Oncology