Many people do not abuse drugs. They may choose not to do so for one or more reasons.
(1) negative attitude towards drug use (drug abuse is morally wrong, drugs are evil)
(2) do not need to be high to enjoy life
(3) negative experience with drugs or alcohol in family or friends
(4) friends do not use or approve of drugs
(1) not hanging out with the wrong crowd
(2) drugs are not available
Reasons based on fear:
(1) afraid of the law
(2) afraid of becoming addicted
(3) afraid of losing control or physical injury while high
(4) afraid of going crazy
(5) afraid of long-term health effects
(6) afraid for job or reputation
(7) afraid of becoming like someone they know who is using drugs
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.