A patient with acromegaly may have an impaired quality of life. A person who is successfully treated may show a marked improvement in the quality of life.
Factors that may be affected:
(1) mood disorder (anxiety, depression, other)
(2) social withdrawal
(3) fatigue and low energy
(4) low libido
(5) cognitive and memory impairment (amnesia, etc)
(7) degenerative joint disease
(8) concerns about body image and appearance
(9) sleep disturbance
(10) ability to perform daily activities
(11) health concerns
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.