A male with a buried penis may have a number of problems that can affect his quality of life.
Problems in a patient with buried penis:
(1) decreased sexual function (erectile dysfunction, etc.)
(2) painful erection
(3) difficulty in urination
(4) difficulty in personal hygiene and cleanliness
(5) recurrent infections
(6) self-image related to genitourinary problems
Distress or Discomfort
total score =
= SUM(points for all 6 items)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 18
• The lower the score the worse the quality of life.
• The number of moderate and severe problems also should be monitored.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.