A patient with adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease) may experience significant compromise in quality of life. This may persist even with hormonal replacement therapy.
Common problems for a patient with adrenal insufficiency affecting quality of life:
(1) lack of energy (hard to get started)
(2) fatigue (hard to keep going)
(3) mood (depression and/or anxiety)
(4) social isolation
(5) impaired libido (especially in women)
(6) inability to work
Response for Each Finding
not at all
total score =
= SUM(points for all 6 parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 30
• The higher the score the worse the patient's quality of life.
• The presence of comorbid conditions or other endocrine disorders may also negatively impact the patient's quality of life.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.