A patient with Q fever may develop a fatigue syndrome (Q fever fatigue syndrome).
Clinical features of the Q Fever Fatigue Syndrome:
(1) The patient has severe fatigue.
(2) The fatigue is present for >= 6 months.
(3) The onset of the fatigue follows an episode of acute Q fever.
(4) The patient either (a) did not have fatigue prior to the acute episode or (b) had worsening of fatigue after the episode.
(5) The fatigue is associated with significant disability.
(6) Other causes of fatigue have been excluded, including chronic Q fever.
(7) Variable complaints may be present in addition to the fatigue.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.