Certain groups of people are more likely to experience barodontalgia than others.
The common risk factor is a sudden decrease in pressure.
(1) scuba diver
(3) pilot or member of the aircrew on an airplane
(5) hyperbaric chamber occupant
(6) caisson worker
Other people at risk:
(1) an airline passenger
(2) someone transported by helicopter from sea level to the top of a high mountain
(3) someone exposed to a sudden drop in barometric pressure
(1) soldier or miner exposed to a blast overpressure
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.