A home treadmill can be a source of serious injury to a child. Most injuries involve the upper extremity and head.
(1) burn (which can be third degree)
(2) contusion or abrasion
(1) strain or sprain
(3) crush injury
(1) facial or scalp injury
(2) traumatic brain injury
(1) keeping children away from the treadmill while in use
(2) keeping an eye on children
(3) improved device safety features
(4) training parents about the dangers of a treadmill
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Surgery, orthopedic