A patient satisfaction survey can help determine how satisfied a patient has been with the care received during a visit with a pharmacist.
The instrument consists of 14 questions divided into::
(1) consideration (6)
(2) dosage regimen satisfaction (2)
(3) technical competence (2)
(4) explanation (2)
(5) general (2)
• The questions beginning with "How would you rate" originally were worded "Based on your satisfaction, how would you rate…", which seemed a bit stiff.
• The item "Not having to split tablets makes taking your medication easier?" was originally "would make" rather than "makes."
• The authors also seemed particularly interested in pill splitting, with additional questions not included in the implementation.
There were 2 additional questions related to pill splitting, both of which were included with the dosage regimen satisfaction.
patient satisfaction score =
= SUM(points for all items)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score for 14 items: 56
• The higher the score, the greater the satisfaction.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.