Acute febrile neutrophilic dermatosis (Sweet's Syndrome) can occur as a paraneoplastic syndrome.
Cancers associated with paraneoplastic Sweet's syndrome:
(1) acute myelogenous leukemia)
(2) renal cell carcinoma
(3) carcinoma of the urinary bladder
(4) breast cancer
(5) cancers of the GI tract
(7) malignant lymphoma
Features of paraneoplastic Sweet's syndrome:
(1) The patient has an underlying malignancy.
(2) A biopsy meets the histologic criteria of Sweet's syndrome.
(3) It may improve after cancer therapy and relapse with recurrence.
(1) drug-induced Sweet's syndrome
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.