A person who is parachuting may use the method to commit suicide.
Usual causes of death while parachuting:
(2) human error
(3) equipment malfunction
Reasons to consider suicide in a parachuting-related fatality:
(1) suicide note or expression of suicidal intent
(2) intentional disabling of safety measures (for automatic deployment of reserve chute)
(3) failure to activate chute(s)
(4) observed to remain in free-fall position all through the fall
(5) directing fall towards a hazard
The possibility of homicide should be considered.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Clinical Laboratory