The Nottingham Health Profile is intended for primary health care, to provide a brief indication of a patient's perceived emotional, social and physical health problems.
Breakdown of questionnaire:
(1) Part I: 38 questions in 6 subareas, with each question assigned a weighted value; the sum of all weighted values in a given subarea adds up to 100
(1a) energy level (EL): 3
(1b) pain (P): 8
(1c) emotional reaction (ER): 9
(1d) sleep (S): 5
(1e) social isolation (SI): 5
(1f) physical abilities (PA): 8
(2) Part II: 7 life areas affected
(1) each question answered "Yes" or "No"
(2) It is important that all questions are answered.
(3) if the patient is not sure whether to say "yes" or "no" to a problem, s/he are instructed to answer the one more true at that time.
• number of questions in each section affected
• relative level affected, in which the sum of the relative weights are subtracted from 100%, giving values between 0 and 1, with 0 indicating poor and 1 good health
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.