Conditions associated with fatigue may be divided into central and peripheral types.
Autoimmune neuromuscular conditions associated with peripheral fatigue include:
(1) autoimmune myasthenia gravis
(2) Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome
(3) polymyositis or dermatomyositis
Non-immune neuromuscular conditions associated with peripheral fatigue include:
(4) muscular dystrophies
(5) metabolic myopathies
(6) mitochondrial myopathies
Metabolic myopathies include:
(1) hypokalemic or hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
(2) McArdle's disease (muscle phosphorylase deficiency)
(3) hypothyroidism or other endocrine disorder
(4) phosphofructokinase deficiency
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.