A variety of neurological conditions may be associated with livedo reticularis (LR). Many involve dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system.
Neurological conditions associated with livedo reticularis:
(1) reflex sympathetic dystrophy
(2) diabetes mellitus with neuropathy
(3) severe vitamin B12 or folate deficiency
(4) multiple sclerosis
(5) Parkinson's disease
(6) brain injury
(9) severe cerebrovascular hemorrhage (apoplexy)
(10) primary fibromyalgia
• Cerebrovascular hemorrhage would need to be distinguished from embolic stroke.
• Encephalitis would overlap with infectious causes of LR.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.