A narcissist may experience rage if his or her psyche is threatened.
Features of Narcissistic Rage Syndrome (NRS):
(1) a person with a narcissistic personality disorder
(2) a threat - real or perceived, which may take the form of disagreement, challenge or negative remark
(3) an explosive expression of anger by the narcissist
(4) the response is out of proportion to the stimulus and not explained by exhaustion, illness or other factor
Consequences of NRS:
(1) The subject exposed to the rage may be left confused by the response.
(2) It makes intimate relationships difficult to impossible.
(3) When mixed with other psychopathology it can lead to disruptive behavior or violence.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.