A patient with a myopathy may require ventilatory support if the respiratory muscles are affected with development of restrictive lung disease.
(1) presence of one or more signs or symptoms
(2) abnormal pulmonary function testing
Abnormal signs and symptoms indicating sleep disordered breathing:
(2) morning headache
(3) daytime drowsiness
Abnormal signs and symptoms of hypoxemia:
(1) generalized fatigue
(2) dyspnea at rest
(4) paradoxical breathing pattern
Abnormal pulmonary function testing:
(2) vital capacity < 45-55% of predicted for age and gender
(3) maximal inspiratory pressure < 30% of predicted
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Purpose: To identify a patient with myopathy who may require ventilatory support.
ICD-10: G71, G72, G73,