Grobman et al reported a model for predicting vaginal birth after cesarean delivery for a woman with a germ gestation. The authors are from multiple institutions in the United States.
Patient selection: pregnant woman with history of cesarean delivery
(1) age of the mother in years
(2) prepregnancy weight in kilograms
(3) height in cm
(4) indication for previous cesarean delivery
(5) previous vaginal delivery
(6) treated chronic hypertension
age in years
-0.023 * (age)
-0.024 * (weight)
0.056 * (height)
indication for previous cesarean
previous vaginal delivery
only before cesarean
after cesarean (VBAC)
treated chronic hypertension
• An arrest disorder refers to the arrest of dilatation or descent and/or induction failure.
value of X =
= SUM(points for all of the parameters) - 5.952
probability of vaginal delivery =
= 1 / (1 + EXP((-1) * X))
• The area under the ROC curve is 0.75.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.