A number of interventions may help to increase caloric intake for a person who experiences early satiety.
(1) Try to identify reasons for early satiety that are modifiable.
(2) Review medications for drugs that may be affecting appetite.
(1) Eat frequently, choosing nutrient-dense foods.
(2) Drink liquids that are nutrient-dense.
(3) Add protein and carbohydrates to favorite foods.
(4) Try to eat according to a regular schedule, preferably with others.
(5) Try to increase food intake at those meals when feeling best.
Foods to avoid:
(1) gaseous foods
(2) fatty or greasy foods
(1) Engage in light exercise.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Nutrition, Gastroenterology