Klein et al developed electrocardiographic criteria for the diagnosis of left ventricular hypertrophy in the presence of left bundle branch block.
(peak height of S wave in V2) + (peak height of R wave in V6) >= 4.5 mm
• sensitivity 86%, specificity 100%, predictive value 100%
QRS duration > 160 msec with left atrial enlargement is:
(1) supportive of the diagnosis of LVH, with specificity of 96% when SV2 + RV6 <= 4.4 mm
(2) present in only a small percentage of patients
Other Criteria Evaluated (Table III, page 505)
(peak height of S wave in V1) + (peak height of R wave in V6) >= 3.5 mm
• sensitivity 74%, specificity 90%, predictive value 88%
QRS duration > 140 seconds
• sensitivity 71%, specificity 83%, predictive value 83%
left atrial enlargement present:
• sensitivity 86%, specificity 91%, predictive value 90%
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Purpose: To use the criteria of Klein et al for the electrocardiographic diagnosis of left ventricular hypertrophy in the presence of left bundle branch block.
Objective: other testing, criteria for diagnosis
ICD-10: I51.7, I44.7,