Kutner et al developed a scale for evaluating the morale of an elderly patient. Many of the questions seem to measures for depression.
(1) feel there is no point in living
(2) feel things keep getting worse as get older
(3) regret at missed opportunities
(4) unhappiness with life
(5) satisfaction with way of life
(6) planning ahead for next week
(7) how things seems to be going as you get older
There are 3 possible responses to each item, with positive statements given 1 point.
total morale score =
= SUM(points for all 7 parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 7
• The higher the score the higher the patient's morale.
Total Morale Score
0 to 2
3 to 4
5 to 7
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.