Spiller et al listed clinical findings which may indicate that a patient thought to have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) should be referred to a gastroenterologist for an evaluation. The authors are from the Clinical Services Committee of the British Society of Gastroenterology.

To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.