A chronic pain patient should be referred to an addiction specialist is certain conditions are present.

Indications to refer a chronic pain patient wot an addiction specialist:

(1) addiction suspected (opioid, benzodiazepine, alcohol, other)

(2) diversion suspected

(3) failure to adhere to controlled substance agreement

(4) failure of urine drug test AND confirmatory testing positive

To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.