A critically-ill combat casualty should be transported by an Advanced Critical Care Evacuation Team (ACCET) if certain conditions are present.
Indications for ACCET transport: one or more of the following findings
(1) PaO2 to FIO2 ratio < 100
(2) inhalation injury
(3) acute pulmonary embolism with cardiac arrest or persistent hypoxemia
(4) bronchopleural fistula, pneumonectomy or other anatomic derangement
(1) FIO2 > 0.7 on lung protective ventilation
(2) pH < 7.25 on lung protective ventilation
(3) PEEP > 15 cm water AND plateau pressure (PPLAT) > 30 cm water
(4) severe brain injury AND PaCO2 > 40 mm Hg on a transport ventilator
(5) use of advanced ventilator modes (APRV, other)
(1) cardiogenic shock refractory to maximal medical therapy
(2) multi-organ failure (MOF)
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Critical Care