Osteoporosis can severely impact a patient's quality of life once fractures start to occur.
Physical consequences of osteoporotic fractures:
(1) impaired mobility following a fracture involving a lower extremity
(2) kyphosis with loss of height following vertebral fracture
(3) impaired balance
(4) fatigue and deconditioning
(1) fear of falling and other anxieties
(3) loss of self-esteem
Impairment in activities:
(1) decrease capacity for social participation due to restricted activities, with isolation
(2) impaired ability to work
(3) increased dependency
Complications of therapy:
(2) adverse drug effects
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.