A woman may have a worsening of an eating disorder if her male partner watches pornography.
Patient: woman with an eating disorder who is in a relationship with a male partner
Risk factors related to the male partner:
(1) The male says that the woman is overweight.
(2) The man prefers pornography to having sex with her.
Risk factors related to the woman:
(1) The woman perceives herself as being overweight.
(2) The woman wants to make herself more attractive so that she will be valued and loved.
(3) The woman has a low self-esteem and disordered body image.
The more risk factors that are present the greater the risk of a worsening of an eating disorder.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Psychiatry, Nutrition