Liu et al reported a score for diagnosing chronic endometritis based on findings seen at hysteroscopy. The authors are from Shandong University and multiple hospitals in China.
Patient selection: woman undergoing hysteroscopy
(1) hyperemia of the endometrium
(2) hemorrhagic spots
(3) dilated endometrial vessels
(5) endometrial polyp
(6) history of failed artificial insemination (see footnote Table 2)
number of failed artificial insemination attempt
0 to 2
total score =
= SUM(points for all of the parameters)
• minimum score: 0
• maximum score: 12
• A score >= 3 is associated with chronic endometritis.
• The area under the ROC curve is 0.82.
• The sensitivity was 63% and specificity 92%.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology