A number of conditions can result in clubbing and/or hypertrophic pulmonary osteoarthropathy.
Conditions that can cause clubbing and/or hypertrophic pulmonary osteoarthropathy:
(1) lung cancer
(2) Hodgkin's disease
(6) cystic fibrosis
(7) arteriovenous malformation
(9) cyanotic congenital heart disease
(10) infective endocarditis
(11) inflammatory bowel disease
(12) hepatic cirrhosis
Conditions that can cause clubbing:
(1) lung abscess
(2) idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
(3) pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
(5) infected aortic bypass graft
(6) atrial myxoma
(7) carcinoma of the esophagus
(8) carcinoma of the colon
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Purpose: To evaluate patient for causes of clubbing and/or hypertrophic pulmonary osteoarthropathy.
Objective: criteria for diagnosis, severity, prognosis, stage
ICD-10: M89.4, R68.3,