A woman may experience a nonallergic rhinitis associated with peaks in or exposure to female hormones.
(1) The severity of rhinitis symptoms tend to parallel levels of female hormones.
(2) Symptoms resolve when hormones are low only to reappear with a new surge.
Rhinitis of pregnancy
(1) The onset or worsening of rhinitis during a pregnancy
(2) The resolution of signs and symptoms within 2 weeks of delivery.
(1) rhinitis during menarche associated with hormonal surges
(2) rhinitis during menstrual period
(3) rhinitis while taking hormonal contraceptives
(1) allergy to additive in exogenous hormone
(2) allergic rhinitis unrelated to hormone
(3) other form of nonallergic rhinitis
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Otolaryngology, Infectious Diseases, Immunology/Rheumatology