A youth who runs away faces a number of hazards. Some of the hazards that the person faces depends on the personal demons that are present.
(1) sexual abuse and exploitation
(2) physical abuse
(1) mental health issues with a lack of mental health resources
(3) lack of health care
(4) sexually-transmitted diseases (STD)
(5) complications of drug and alcohol abuse
(6) environmental exposure
(1) become a criminal
(2) cycle of poverty associated with a lack of education
The person may be able to survive if the person:
(1) can find some sort of well-run shelter
(2) can find a job
(3) can stay with friends or develop a healthy social network
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Pedatrics, Psychiatry, Clinical Laboratory