The Harris Platelet Syndrome (formerly called asymptomatic constitutional macrothrombocytopenia) is relatively common in certain parts of the Indian subcontinent.
Inheritance: autosomal dominant
(1) The patient is from northeastern India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal or a descendant.
(1) mild to severe thrombocytopenia
(2) giant platelets (macrothrombocytes)
(3) normal platelet aggregation studies
(4) normal red and white blood cells
(1) May-Hegglin syndrome
(2) heterozygous Bernard Soulier syndrome
(3) gray platelet syndrome
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.
Specialty: Genetics, Hematology Oncology