Granuloma gravidarum is a pyogenic granuloma that appears in the gingival of pregnant women.
Synonym: pregnancy tumor of the gingiva
Features of a granuloma gravidarum:
(1) The lesion appears during a pregnancy in the interdental gingival.
(2) The lesion may bleed and/or interfere with chewing.
(3) Following pregnancy the lesion may shrink or disappear.
(4) The lesion may recur in subsequent pregnancies.
(5) A biopsy of the lesion shows a pyogenic granuloma.
To read more or access our algorithms and calculators, please log in or register.